A Simple Guide to Weight Control
10 things you need to know about the Average Quantity Law
This guide is meant to bring a simple understanding of the Average Quantity Law, as laid out in the Weights and Measures Regulations and in the WELMEC guides for legal metrology, to you and your manufacturing business. You will become aware of the rules, potential pitfalls, and ways to make the most of the legislation.
The team at Harford have been developing and implementing weighing and weight control systems for over 40 years. Even today, we often find that the level of understanding of the average quantity system is limited, so we are hoping to provide some education and understanding with this guide.
By reading this eBook, you will learn about:
- The 3 key rules and what happens if you break them
- Why Minimum quantity causes overfill
- How to achieve minimal ‘giveaway’
- Checkweighing vs. statistical weighing
- Choosing the most appropriate tare measurement
- Measuring container bottles
- Measuring liquids by weighing
- The risk of overfill when bottling alcohol
Make sure to meet the legal requirements
Utilise statistics to improve your process control
Make the most of it by wasting as little as possible