This guide is meant to bring a simple understanding of the Average Quantity Law, as laid out in the Weights and Measures Regulations and in the WELMEC guides for legal metrology, to you and your manufacturing business. You will become aware of the rules, potential pitfalls, and ways to make the most of the legislation.
The team at Harford have been developing and implementing weighing and weight control systems for over 40 years. Even today, we often find that the level of understanding of the average quantity system is limited, so we are hoping to provide some education and understanding with this guide.
– The 3 key rules and what happens if you break them
– Why Minimum quantity causes overfill
– How to achieve minimal ‘giveaway’
– Checkweighing vs. statistical weighing
– Choosing the most appropriate tare measurement
– Measuring container bottles
– Measuring liquids by weighing
– The risk of overfill when bottling alcohol
…when you have the right tools, and know how to use them. That’s what we are here for! Start by reading the guide to learn more about our approach. If you then need further guidance and support, we are ready to hop on a call.
Make sure to meet the legal requirements
Utilise statistics to improve your process control
Make the most of it by wasting as little as possible